Tuesday, July 1, 2014

THE FASHION GUY WITH THE VINTAGE EYE presents "Vintage Finds"

Vintage Finds

               I told you I have amazing items to be featured every day this week and I am super excited about sharing this. There is no tag on this amazing piece of vintage art so I had a fight with the devil (google) in trying to figure out the creator of this creation. Being that im love all fashion from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and some of the 80s, I figured this dress is from the mid 60s to the very early 70s. I have no problem and I have never objected to a female wearing a GOOD gown (depending on what it looks like) on a Sunday morning. It adds so much to your look when coming dressed to meet the King in the house of God. An extremely high heel (especially with these ratchet platforms) will not be needed with this elegant piece; it should continue to be a duster and sweep across the altar as you walk to place your offering in the basket (I hope y'all tithe), or if you are up giving greetings, or laying out the saints while preaching. This multi color (white, blue, green, and purple) sheer overlay, cinched in the waist, cuffed puffy sheer sleeves, with a full skirt that will give the most AMAZING dramatic presentation. Women in the 60s usually wore dresses like this when hosting "shindigs" (urban dictionary) in their homes; I wish we could dress like they did back in those days. Wearing gowns during the day and men wearing well tailored suits all the time, but we are in a day of tight terribly fitting skirts, extremely tight or extremely big pants, trashy platform heels (that works my SHONDO), but I DIGRESS. I just believe down in the city of my soul, whether you are in church on a Sunday morning, your national women's convention, or at a wedding (where you will take the shine from the bride) this amazing piece will make a statement! A simple necklace, a good peep toe shoe, and a Swarkvoski crystal bag (COGIC CANDY), a Lapscarf (although not needed it but adds to it) is all you need for this vintage dress! Just wait until tomorrow for the two looks I have for men and women!

If you are interested in this piece, contact me via email at thevintageguy87@gmail.com






 

No comments:

Post a Comment