Thursday, July 3, 2014

THE FASHION GUY WITH THE VINTAGE EYE presents "Fashion Finds"...

Fashion Finds
Mezlan 

         For the past couple of months Cole Haan has been an incredible source when it comes to men's shoes. They have really brought back to light the "Oxford" shoe for men; and their price points have been accommodating everyone. So while I was racking up on Oxford and similar style shoes being that they all have evolved within the past 3 years with different materials, colors and designs; I got an itch for Patent Leather! This spring/summer 2104 season has been all about bright colors for me especially when it comes to Loafers. Nooooooooo not suede loafers (loose your hold devil it's to hot for that) but leather and actual rubber loafers (Vivienne Westwood and Gucci). I feed my fashion monster on the way I feel and what I read thru two of my favorite magazines and websites for men, GQ and ESQUIRE. These two magazines pour a foundation when it comes to my style for the season and then I go off of my mood adding a vintage flare to everything. But I am now preparing for fall/winter 2014 when it comes to my shoes and thanks to a friend, I am hooked on Patent Leather. I have always wanted a wonderful pair of amazing Black Patent Leather shoes, which I do have a pair but they are for black tie affairs (know the different saints). In my "getting understanding" (churchy) I stumbled across a pair of Mezlan Patent Leather "Basket Weave" shoes and I GOT HAPPY. Being that my dad is huge when it comes to his shoe game whether it's Jordan's or a full Alligator Head Shoe (I don't do skins) I have always been afforded to wearing luxury brand shoes. So of course I knew Mezlan is an amazing luxury shoe brand and I had to jump at the opportunity of being the lucky owner of these shoes. Now I have never paid more than 200.00 for a pair of of shoes or anything for that matter except my car note, so when I saw the price for these shoes I almost passed out but I knew GOD WOULD MAKE A WAY. Some of you may think I'm being cheap or crazy not paying anything more than 200.00 on a pair of shoes but when I know there are children all over the world starving, sick, and homeless, I can not bring myself to purchasing such a product for a hefty price. NOW if someone wanted to purchase anything for me more than said price than I'm all for it (HELLO CHURCH) LOL. As I began to look for other shoes I just couldn't leave these alone; "In my distress I called on The Lord and he heard me" one of my favorite scriptures; and you might think it is such a minut thing to pray for (which I could care less what you think on this) but I desired these amazing pair of shoes with every fiber of my being AND I GOT THEM! The supplier who happens to be a Christian reads my blogs and saw what I was doing and thought it was such an amazing entity I was presenting. He took HUNDREDS off (touch your neighbor and day HUNDREDS) and gave it to me for next to nothing. Before i started my blog I prayed to God (YES PRAYED) and told him exactly what I wanted to do, wanted to get out of this, and where I wanted to go concerning writing about Christians and Fashion. One thing I wanted to do was to receive merchandise from various sources and blog about it and that door has just been opened. God is honestly "Faithful and Just" and I do know this is only the beginning. I was thinking about putting them in my birthday giveaway in August but "the devil is a liar" that won't be happening LOL. It pays to believe in and to push people with their dreams and aspirations. Well these will certainly make an appearance in STL for COGICs Holy Convocation in November.











No comments:

Post a Comment