Saturday, July 19, 2014

THE FASHION GUY WITH THE VINTAGE EYE presents "Sunday Recap"

Sunday Recap

           While trying to put a blog together on my favorite look from COGICs Aim Convention that occurred the first week of July, I stumbled upon this picture on my IG timeline. We say that young girls and women today are not presenting themselves in a lady like manner. Either they are wearing too tight, too short dresses, and gaudy jewelry and shoes; but these young ladies I'm presenting to you today have put all of that talk to rest. I was so impressed with there use of colors, accessories, hair, makeup, and making their vintage and vintage inspired pieces modern. Introducing the Dames (United Kingdom equivalent of a Knight) of my Sunday Recap.

          First we have Dame Rachel Kershaw from DC; this 22 years old is absolutely a force to be reckoned with pertaining to all things fashion. She was actually my choice for best look during the COGIC Aim convention, but I decided not to go through with that blog. In my interview with her I asked; what inspires your sense of fashion? Dame Rachel simply said "her personality" in which I thought that was such a befitting answer. These days so many young women do not know their self worth and have low self esteem issues, so they hide behind labels and men. Dame Rachel says it's imperative that you wear your garments and not allow your garments to wear you. So many times I (The Fashion Guy With The Vintage Eye) see so many people, men and women adorned in the most absolutely beautiful pieces but unfortunately these Holy Garments of Fashion are wearing them. Dame Rachel says "I make sure whatever I am wearing represents my personality and who I am; STYLE IS PERSONAL". This is why Dame Rachel Kershaw is one half of my Sunday Recap blog!

Her Look:
Dress- Russ (pleated skirt and top with petticoat)- Value Village (Thrift Store)
Shoes- Loulou pump- Steven by Steve Madden
Purse- Vendors (Convention)
Makeup- Of course all things MAC

     My final choice for my Sunday Recap blog is 26 years old Dame Charda Cuffia from Maryland, whom happens to be close friends with Dame Rachel Kershaw. Again as I was scrolling through my timeline on Instagram (thee_vintage_guy) and came across this picture of these two young ladies representing Christ and their church in a fashionable and amazing way. When interviewing Dame Cuffia I asked; what inspires your sense of style? She stated "being a "LADY", what an incredible answer. When young girls today just want to be Beyoncé and Rihanna, so they showcase it in their wardrobe; but Dame Cuffia says being a LADY is what she tries to portray in her everyday wardrobe. If you are like me and your urge for fashion goes beyond the department stores and boutiques but into movies, then you should be well acquainted with "Breakfast at Tiffany's". Although not the greatest story line for this particular blog; the wardrobe and accessories in the movie that the Legendary Audrey Hepburn gave was EVERYTHING TO MY LIFE! Well Dame Cuffia says she tries to portray such elegance and class in her wardrobe as "Holly Golightly" does in Breakfast At Tiffany's. I am so looking forward to see what look Dame Charda Cuffia will be presenting before the saints tomorrow morning!

Her Look:
Dress- Custom
Shoes- Bakers
Jewels- Post Earrings
Belt- Fashion To Figure

     

No comments:

Post a Comment