Wednesday, July 2, 2014

THE FASHION GUY WITH THE VINTAGE EYE presents "VINTAGE FINDS" Men's Edition

Vintage Finds Mens Edition



             With my first experience to St. Louis for "All Saints Week" the Holy Convocation of the Church Of God In Christ vastly approaching, I have been gathering different Vintage and vintage inspired pieces together for different looks. I was hoping to do a Vintage Trunk Show (coming soon in Atlanta) in my room during that week but every piece I have purchased or acquired I fell in love with and did and do not want anyone else to have it. Well in my "getting ready" to pull looks from my closest, thrift stores, vintage shops, and etc, I came upon this amazing structured coat. An incredible Vintage Teller Fashion House double breasted tweed coat. Vintage attire is not just limited to Chanel and Dior all though those things are wonderful, but it's designers whose collections have spanned throughout decades. The Teller Fashion House was a boutique (small) family business, creating most of their clothing in Austria. Teller Fashion House are known for their speciality overcoats with silk lining (like mine) and a stand up collar (like mine LOL).Their use of heavy fabrics such as wool and tweed and natural materials have launched their fashion house to be equal with Ralph Lauren today. The Tellers were inspired by European overcoats (aren't we all) and brought that same aesthetic to the states where they created a bigger name for themselves (thank God for google). This double breasted amazing piece of art has been structured to absolutely fit the body of the person who owns it (ME). It's great detail with the simple pleating in the back and the belted waist, embellished sleeves (I hope that's proper lingo), and the raw material buttons, with an amazing collar takes this coat to another place in GLORY! I have acquired a few pieces that I will be doing a giveaway with and I can't wait to share that with all my readers. I am also working at the moment on a Persian Lamb Black Overcoat for St.Louis (FOR ME) that will be amazing but you can be assured this coat will be making an appearance amongst the saints in November. 

If you are interested in any similar vintage or vintage inspired overcoats contact me via email thevintageguy87@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment