Wednesday, July 16, 2014

THE FASHION GUY WITH THE VINTAGE EYE presents "Afrocentric Sunday Good Garments" Men's Edition

Afrocentric Sunday Good Garments
"Men's Edition"

       
           Tuesday you might have seen my blog titled "Afrocentric Sunday Good Garments" Men's Edition which included different and amazing looks inspired by Africa for women. I have been on this Afrocentric vibe lately when it comes to clothing; although I haven't purchased anything for myself as of yet. I use to hate wearing African apparel on Sunday mornings in February for Black History Month. Everything was big, some had a smell to it because of all the incense from the people who made these garments, the fabric was always itchy to me, and I wore it because my mother made me. Well thank God for the Holy Ghost because someone has found a way to made these garments into beautiful structured pieces for men. Here are a few looks from other high end designers and have caught the Afrocentric bug.


       "To push the boundaries of African inspired fashion and paying homage to the beauty of Africa" says designer Abenaa Pokuaa. This British born designer created an amazing line in 2008 called Ohema Ohene (pronounced oh-he-maa oh-he-née). This meaning King and Queen in Ghanaian which is the designers heritage and she wanted to pay tribute to it. Many of the amazingly colored, rich prints, and incredible fabrics are from Ghana; not to mention because this designer pulls her inspiration from Ghana and has workshops in Ghana, employing the Ghanaians there to bring income into their land, you will notice all labels feature "MADE IN GHANA" which I find very fashionable. Looking through the look books of different seasons for this brand I have noticed they really push the envelop and create amazing "western" pieces without losing the integrity and vision behind these pieces. I believe the perfect shoe for this look are the "velvet slippers" that a lot of high end designers such as Christian Louboutin and low end brands such as Zara have been putting out. (s.n. I am working on a blog concerning this amazing slippers for men and how you can get a pair even have them custom made for you). These looks certainly have me excited "down on the streets in the city of my soul" and I can't wait to order my first look from her shop in London. They is everything from boxers to blazers and from T-shirts to Trousers.The price points are in an "investment piece" (something that you will have for a very long time and is timeless" bracket so I will be putting money on the side for this ASAP. (I won't be going to one of my two national conventions for the remaining of this year LOL). Now I'm am ready for February because I have something for the saints!!!!! Again step outside the box and try something different, this is the best way to find your sense of style.   

Check out the website at www.ohemaohene.com





1 comment:

  1. someone has found a way to made these garments into beautiful structured pieces for men. Here are a few looks from other high end designers and have caught the Afrocentric bug.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0rO1PjNW0

    ReplyDelete