Tuesday, July 15, 2014

THE FASHION GUY WITH THE VINTAGE EYE presents "Afrocentric Sunday Good Garments"

Afrocentric Sunday Good Garments!

    
      It's summer time and although I am a Leo, born August 5th in '87, I hate the heat and summer time with all that's within in me. I can't stand to sweat, being drained from the suns powerful rays, and all of the creepy crawly creatures that come out. I live for Persian Lamb, Mink, Fur, turtlenecks, sweaters, 3 piece wool suits, and all that has to do with the fall and winter. Since it's summer time I just wanted to give a few suggestions to our beautiful Nubian Queens, something amazing to think about while meeting the King on Sunday mornings. Tribal prints, Kente Cloth, Afrocentric Ethnic Clothing for fashionable females!!! No it's not February where we take the time to commemorate and celebrate Black History, but I have been feeling this look for sometime now. I have been looking for the next best thing when it comes to fashion in Christendom and I believe this is it. In the secular world of fashionable tribal wear was huge during the Fall/Winter 2013 collections during NY Fashion week. So now with a little pulling from Pierre Balmain and Mara Hoffman, tweaking and adding some fabric to bring the hem lines to the knees (hello somebody) we can now pull off these Afrocentric looks!


      The bold beautiful colors in these fabrics will definitely make you the center of attention (although we don't strive for that over here in Holiness LOL).The luxurious fabric against your skin will make you feel high and lifted up; and the way that it builds a silhouette will make you walk tall and proud. Sometimes we go through situations in life that will cause damage to our self esteem (trust me I been there) and there are many things that will make us feel better; I threw myself into fashion and my mantra is "when you look good you feel good"! Long "dusters" gowns and skirts have truly made a comeback in the everyday women's wardrobe; whether it's a casual maxi dress or cotton day dress that sweeps the floor, or an amazing silk wool dress with a dramatic oversized collar for Sunday morning or evenings. It's bringing elegance and class back into the wardrobe of God's elite! The season of extremely high platform, sparkly studded,12+ inch shoes are OVER and CLASS IS IN! (Slap your neighbor and say "thanks be unto God who gives us Victory). While out shopping, asking around, and looking on the World Wide Web I came across these two designers on etsy, whom both I have fell in love with and built a rapport with one. These amazing pieces are made to order and they come in many sizes for all those size 2 dainty women to our size 18 divas. The colors, textures, and patterns will elevate you to another place in God. Step out of your comfort zone and find your sense of style, this is the only way. These looks will have everyone singing "SHE's YOUR QUEEN TO BE" (coming to America). 

(Here are a few pieces you can order from Etsy)
www.etsy.com/shop/DemestiksNewYork

(Here are a few pieces you can order from Etsy)
www.etsy.com/shop/missbeidafashion







No comments:

Post a Comment