Monday, June 30, 2014

THE FASHION GUY WITH THE VINTAGE EYE presents "Vintage Finds"

Vintage Finds
1960s Swing Coat and Sheath Dress



           While exploring different fields in fashion trying to find my way to a profession I was and am passionate about, I ran into and have befriended many people in the fashion industry. I have interned at Marie Claire, I have been a freelance stylist, personal shopper, and ended up in a field where I married two of my loves "WRITING and FASHION". Although I still can operate in all these fields, writing about fashion is my first love. While styling I came into contact with different Vintage Vendors and Connoisseurs; they put their trust in me and merchandise in my hands knowing that I had the right clientele and most importantly I am passionate concerning Vinatge merchandise. Recently I came across this beautiful piece of art from the 1960s, a heavily beaded vintage swing coat with a matching beaded sheath dress. What is a sheath dress you may ask; it's a figure hugging (but not to tight over here in Holiness) silhouette with a defined waiste without any adornment (belt or waistband). It usually falls right above the knee or lower to give it such an elegant and lady like look. A lot of young women (and older saints) feel that short, tight, ill fighting dresses and skirts are what's HOT but they are ABSOLUTELY NOT. I think there is nothing better than a feminine dress or skirt that hits right above or a little below the knee (that's figure hugging). There are a few fashionable women such as First Lady Michelle Obama and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge who are known for the sheath dress look. Especially with different conventions coming up whether you are apart of PAW, COGIC, or COP (my organization) this type of look will have you stand out from everyone else. With it being a vintage piece you are reassured you will be the only one on showcase with this amazing look. You can maybe even switch the look up with wearing the swing coat with a different simple dress or pair of pants or just wearing the dress with an amazing cocktail ring, to much jewelry is not necessary for this look, and a 5inch heel (NO PLATFORM PLEASE). Since The Holy Convocation of COGIC is coming up in November (which I will be attending) this vintage piece being that the material is heavy and beaded and the swing coat and sheath dress is fully lined, it would be the perfect look for that Convocation where some of the most stylish saints from all over this world gather. I have a few more "Vintage Finds" coming up in the weeks to come, so if this one didn't wet your appetite, I am sure the other pieces for men and women I have lined up will.

If your are interested in this piece, contact me via email at thevintageguy87@gmail.




No comments:

Post a Comment