Saturday, July 12, 2014

THE FASHION GUY WITH THE VINTAGE EYE presents "Sunday Recap"

Sunday Recap


          Usually I post my Sunday Recap on Mondays but I decided to start posting it on Saturdays; why you may ask??? I have no earthly idea, I'm just doing it LOL. We have a New York native now living in the DC area fashionista in his own right, Mr.Charles Gibson. I first came into contact with Mr.Gibson during the 2013 COGIC Aim Convention in Baltimore, MD. I saw him walking around the convention center in his amazing vintage and vintage inspired looks and I became captivated. He walked with so much confidence and he seemed so tall because of it (although he is short) I was simply intrigued to know more about him. His style matched his personality from what I saw and heard. Very personable, intelligent, and fun; always making taking fashion risk! He is never scared to step outside of the box or his comfort zone and try new things by designers; this is definitely how you find your "Sense Of Style". He uses many different colors and pairing them with other vibrant colors and fabrics that others wouldn't think of and it works for him! Scrolling through my news feed on Sunday evening, I came across his post with all of the details of his look which is why he is my Sunday Recap. He mixed vintage inspired clothing from a thrift store, with inexpensive pieces, and timeless articles that tickled every FASHION BONE in my body and I knew I had to feature him in my blog. His million dollar look cost only 107.20 from top to bottom. Don't be afraid to go into thrift stores, there is buried treasure in there!!!

His Sunday Look
3 Piece Suit- Goodwill (Raleigh,NC)
Shirt- His own collection
Shoes- Aldo
Lapel Flower- Rashon Carraway
Socks- Nordstrom
Portfolio Bag- Vintage





    Now we have the ever blooming Sir Nicholas Dewayne Grant from Memphis, TN but definitely making a fashion splash in Houston, TX! I have seen this young man's fashion journey become great as he matured in age and in life. The important thing to know when it comes to "putting your good things on" is, it's not about labels or how much it cost; it's all about feeling confidant about yourself and your wardrobe will reciprocate that. That only comes by maturity growth and he has definitely become a force to be reckoned with. I have been noticing some of his looks and became some what jealous because I didn't think of these FITS first LOL. I am very impressed with the young man he has become and is becoming, working in his local church, was just hired as minister of music at another; "Working for Jesus a long time" (Mississippi Mass I think). This boy loves a good wide brim, and if you go through his Facebook pictures you will notice he definitely hooks his mother up. He has taken his love for Joyce Richardson (Louise D Patterson Couture) and Shellie McDowell and has created an extensive collection of men's hats for himself. Nothing to big, nothing to small, but the perfect frame will create a Stylish Gentlemen out of you. If you are looking to feed your vintage monster definitely check out his FB; he has amazing vintage looks for the everyday women looking to make a fashion splash! Going over his look from Sunday, I loved the way he mixed the different shades and prints and tied it all together with an amazing neutral color "BROWN"! That neutral Brown will elevate any look, especially when your adding vibrant colors to it. Don't be afraid to mix colors and patterns because being different will make others want to be just like you!

His Sunday Look
Blazer- Ralph Lauren
Trousers- Men's Warehouse
French Cuff Shirt- Donald Trump for Macys
Shoes- Cole Haan
Hat- Vintage by Dolly Python
Tie/PocketSquare- Michael Kors
Belt- Vintage
Lapel Flower- Larry Jackson (Why Not Boutique)



No comments:

Post a Comment