Monday, June 9, 2014

THE FASHION WITH THE VINTAGE EYE presents "Pentecost Sunday"

Pentecost Sunday 


                   Happy Birthday to the "CHURCH"; yesterday saints all over the world celebrated Pentecost! Christians celebrate Pentecost 50 days after Resurrection Sunday; it commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit. Most Christians who celebrate Pentecost will either wear White representing Purity and others wear Red which represents the Fire of the Holy Ghost. When it comes to my attire on Pentecost I dress in WHITE because I am PURE (sideeye lol), plus I think to much red can make an outfit go completely array and all the way left field. So how can some of the most fashionable people in Christendom wear the same color but still be set apart and keep their own Fashion Identity; this is when personal sense of style comes into play. Every male can have the same white linen suit on from K&G but there is something that separates the novice from the expert.1) Editing, when you go into a men's suit store they will try to sell you a suit, shirt, tie, belt, suspenders, socks, and draws which they believe all go together. DO NOT FALL FOR IT; they throw words at you such as bargain and sale in your face to make you think you are actually saving money but THE devil IS A LIAR, save your coins and just get the suit. (If you let them talk you into it I promise you people will throw words at you like crazy and tacky). 2) Tailoring; a tailor like I've said in previous blogs will be your best friend, especially ones by the name of Hong Yun Lee and Su Toi Lee (two Asian people I made up lol). What will separate your same suit from the same store in the same color that is being worn in the same church is having the pants tailored to a straight (tapered leg) or making them a cropped pant. This has been done over and over but adding piping to the jacket or making the pant a tuxedo pant. What I have done many times is adding different textured and pattern elbow patches to a few of my plain thrift store pieces. Adding a black tuxedo shirt with no tie or great custom shirt (by Jameel Moore) with an amazing thick material tie and an amazing pocket square. A great shoe will always take a 50.00 suit into a million dollar Neiman Marcus look! And of course adding a lapel flower (not these oversized bouquets) for a splash of color and an amazing time piece on your wrist. Just a few pointers I go by to allow myself to stand out from everyone else, plus I'm from NY living in the south so I will stand out no matter what (no shade), we are just bolder when it comes to our Fashion choices. I browsed my news feed on social media sites for some of my favorite looks from Pentecost Sunday and I've chosen Pastor Altavon Clark, Fashion Risk Taker Dion Dickens, The Young but Experienced Eric Johnson, Sir Michael Crutchfield, and The Ever Fashionable Dereck Coleman. Of course I have my top look of Pentecost which is Lady Stephanie Williams!!!!!! I was recently introduced to who she is "Fashion Wise" and I am in love and hopefully will be doing a full feature on her in the near future. 

Altavon Clark
Suit- Calvin Klein
Shirt and Bow Tie- Why Not Boutique 
Sock- Pierre Cardin
Belt- Kenneth Cole
Shoes- Todd Welsh

Dion Dickens
Suit- Tzarelli Italy
Shoes- Irregular Choice
Shirt- Steven by Steven Land
Socks- Happy Socks
Bow Tie- Custom (ND Designs)

Eric Johnson
Suit- Tallia
Shoes- Kenneth Cole
Socks- Calvin Klein 
Glasses- Warby Parker
Hat- H&M

Michael Crutchfield 
Suit- Express
Shirt- Michael Kors
Shoes- Cignal
Tie- Banana Republic
Pocket Square- Brooks Brothers
Cufflinks- Vintage Crystal Links (London Vintage Shop)

Dereck Coleman
Suit- H&M
Shoes- Guess
Shirt- Tuxedo Shirt (Hugo Boss)
Tie- Michael Kors
Accessories- Macys

Lady Stephanie Williams
Hat- Jack McConnell (Vintage)
Dress- Jody Davis Designs (Custom)
Shoes- Christian Louboutin 
Purse- Louis Vuitton








 



No comments:

Post a Comment