Wednesday, June 25, 2014

THE FASHION GUY WITH THE VINTAGE EYE presents "Summer 1/2 Off Sale" Value Village...

Value Village Sale!!!
I Felt A Thrifting In My Spirit...


       Value Village is a well known thrift store here in Georgia and I'm sure other southern states, in which they hold some of the most amazing "vintage inspired" looks. I was first introduced to this thrift store by my good friend and known stylist Marcus Deron Jeffrey, when I moved to Atlanta a little over 7 years ago. I was always a thrift store and vintage shop shopper because I was drawn to the way Gentleman and Ladies dressed in the 40s up until the 70s and thrift stores are the best and cheapest places to go when trying to accomplish that look. I don't consider myself to be a stylist being that when I found amazing looks I intentionally and selfishly keep them for myself (LOL) but I don't mind helping others look for Vintage and Vintage Inspired looks. I always have to feel a pulling in my "SHONDO" to go to a thrift store knowing that there is something there just for me; and yesterday I felt it! As I walk into the Value Village close by my house I started seeing these colorful signs that read "SUMMER 1/2 OFF SALE" my feet got light and I became like a kid in a candy store! I don't usually grab a cart (because they are the one with the big noticeable poles that stick high up in the air) but I sure did grab one this day. Everything I passed I grabbed and through it in there; I take my clothes from a thrift store straight to my tailor and CLEANERS so whether they are to small or two big "Ming Fung Cho" will work it out for me. In my Ricky Dillard voice (ITS A GOOD THING) to walk past the men's suit section and pull almost everything off the rack; finding amazing pieces for myself, my fashion forward brothers, and clients. The downfall of Value Village is they do not have fitting rooms, BUT they do have a furniture section with many many many mirrors. After I was finished in the men's section I tipped and YES I said TIPPED, over to the women's section pulling pieces that were Donna Karen, Vera Wang, and even a Vintage Dior dress. At thrift stores like Value Village you have to know how to pick and choose your battles; one thing I will never do is buy shoes from a thrift store unless they are brand new (never been worn), and I will never pay more than 15.00 on a piece unless it's by a well known designer vintage piece. I knew The Lord was telling me to go thrifting yesterday and THE LORD BLESSED!!!!! They usually have sales at the end of each month to get rid of old inventory to put out new things in case you would ever want to run into a sale. Most vintage shops do an end of the year sale to move out their old merchandise and showcase new pieces. Slap your neighbor and say "Thank God For The Man Of God Who Built Value Village"! Here are just a few pictures from my shopping trip to Value Village!
(Just a few pieces I bought from the sale)...








No comments:

Post a Comment