Tuesday, June 3, 2014

THE FASHION GUY WITH THE VINTAGE EYE presents PRDW The Live Recording!

Patrick Riddick and Dvyne Worship
 The Live DVD Recording 


               Since I moved to Atlanta 6 or 7 years ago I have really been yearning for the sound and the feel of a MUSICAL MUSICAL. The Musicals I grew up attending in NY turned into Sunday night tarrying, joy night, revival services. People came dressed but the objective of the musicals were to showcase talents, and to fellowship with one another. And no "SHADE" to the musical scene of Atlanta but it just wasn't and isn't my "cup of tea". So when I found put the Patrick Riddick and Dvyne Worship (the most squalling, screaming, and sanging group of people I know) were having a live DVD recording I knew Virginia was calling my name (and for other reasons unmentioned!!!). I got in touch with my brother Brent Brown (a well known stylist), who got in touch with my other brother Jermaine Bunch and by way of Augusta we made our way to Virginia. Of course I over packed for a two day trip, bringing 4 suits, 5 dress shirts (all white), 2 pair of shoes, 5 handkerchiefs (if you can't find a pocket square, a handkerchief is always in order), and forgot all of my ties. Luckily my big bro Sir Brent Brown is always prepared for a Fashion Rescue Mission (let the church say AMEN, AMEN). Well I decided on a Vintage 1970s Burnt Orange suit I bought at a vintage shop in NY, a pair of amazing Giorgio Bruitini shoes from DSW (I'm sure everyone has), a vintage Dior portfolio, Michael Kors watch, and a pair of green and floral print Happy Socks (thanks to The Big Fashion Guy) and made my way to Gethsemane Baptist Church in Newport News, VA. The church was huge and to my understanding they are still building; I was a little upset about standing in a line although I bought a VIP ticket but It didn't matter at that time, I was anticipating the great move of God I felt on the horizon. We walk into the gymnasium being that the sanctuary I believe is still being built; there is a huge stage set up, lights, cameras, and action! Of course the always fashionable and my big bro Pastor Darryl Hill comes to the stage and greets everyone, almost took us up in a praise. So another artist introduced Dvyne Worship and I just couldn't wait to see what they were about to come out in. Dvyne Worship are known for their legendary robes. They started coming out one by one, women in amazing custom made gowns and all their necks adorned in layers and layers and layers or multi strand PEARLS! I was in heaven; the men were suited and booted in tailored black suits, crisp white shirts, black shoes, and black ties. I miss the days when choirs dressed like this (I sound old), all on one accord but with their own sense of style. The Elect Ladies of Dvyne Worship sang their GOOD notes, and danced in all of their 6inch and beyond heels, with these amazing gowns on; some with tool, others with chiffon, I saw one with a cape, one I loved had ruffles on the skirt, bell sleeves, wrap dresses, and not one strand of pearls popped out of all the the moving they did!!!!! I was praying to the Fashion gods "please hear my prayer hear my cry and keep everything together" lol. They men looked like MEN, no ill fitting suits, nothing to big, nothing was to tight, everything was just right. You can tell the majority of the tenors were Pentecostal because only those of the Pentecostal belief run out from where they are to the altar and DANCE, DANCE, DANCE! Of course the Professor himself Patrick Riddick wore an amazing piece only he could pull off, which was white with black graphics on it, an amazing black patent leather shoe, and his tie had a shine to it. Their recording would be remiss if they didn't come out in the second half with Brown, Tan, and Teal ROBES!!!!! They looked amazing, just like a choir should look! Lilian Lloyd looked great in her Pentecostal White, Bettina Pennon looked amazing in a yellow parachute sleeve blouse and an orange skirt with the most CAPTURING gold pumps, not forgetting what Lorraine Stancil had on but her anointing and voice trumped her pink peplum, black pencil skirt, and heels that she kicked up in the air and tore that place apart! Although Monique Walker Davenport didn't sing at the recording, when she walked in all eyes were on her! She had an amazing simple black dress on, with killer black platform heels, and a lap scarf (as a lady should always have one). All in All Patrick Riddick and Dvyne Worship looked absolutely amazing in my book and THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!! I do have my best look of the night from Dvyne Worship which the blog will be COMING SOON! I am now a fan of PRDW, those are some sanging Black Folk! 

Check out the new single "Without You"!!!! It's amazing...














No comments:

Post a Comment