Monday, May 5, 2014

"THE FASHION GUY WITH THE VINTAGE EYE" presents TRENDSETTERS!!!

Sir Emmanuel Hunter

Birthplace: New York, NY
Location: Brooklyn, NY
1) What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word "Fashion"? When I hear the word “fashion,” I think elite luxury:  the desired opulence, quality and beauty that challenges and transcends ordinary.

2) How does Style and Fashion differentiate to you? Fashion and Style differ in that fashion is earned, style is learned. While fashion tells you what to do/wear, style teaches you how to do/wear it. Style is the real art. Anyone can buy pieces. Everyone cannot put the right pieces together. Style gives fashion its life and personality.

3) If someone were to raid your closet, what would they find? If someone were to raid my closet, they would find personality—a mix of vintage, retro and current; pieces that are flashy, colorful and classic… and a bunch of clothes and shoes that I NEED to either give away or sell.


4) What are your favorite magazines to read? My favorite magazines are GQ Style, and VMAN.

5) Where are some of your favorite places to shop? I honestly don’t have a favorite place to shop. Whenever I am inspired, I go to the stores that I think will have what I’m looking for—whether online or in store. I do, however, prefer shopping solo.

6) What inspires your fashion creativity? The Arts (movies, pictures and even sometimes music) and my mood inspire my fashion/style creativity.


7) What is a Trendsetter to you? A trendsetter, to me, is one that is consistent in successful style choices. Trendsetters do not have to try to be different, they just are. They set the mold for the trend followers. They are visionaries of a sort: seeing things others do not, thus doing things others cannot. They are the true “stylists” of the world (whether they claim the title, or not) because they keep the world interested and interesting.

8) What prompted you to do your own thing In fashion? I do my own thing in fashion because so many people are stuck doing someone else’s thing. I like individuality and I only know how to be an individual.

9) How old were you when your fashion sense peaked? I consider myself to be a late bloomer when it comes to really embracing my fashion sense. You have to love you and be comfortable in your own skin and with who you are in fashion. For me, that happened around age 23.

10) Is there someone in your personal life who introduced you to fashion? My grandmother showed me fashion. My good friend, Eric Braddy, showed many of us style.


11) What was your first mainstream designer purchase? My first mainstream designer purchase was a pair of Marc Jacob sunglasses that I bought from the Marc Jacob store. I was hype and you couldn’t tell me anything. It was a snowball effect from there, LOL. [And, I still have those shades today]!

12) How do you feel about being so well known by your amazing looks? Well honestly… I still don’t think I’m used to it yet. Every time someone compliments me, I’m flattered. I’m flattered by this question.

13) What do you say to the people who ridicule and say negative statements about you? I don’t say anything. My work speaks for me. Their work speaks for them.

14) Please tell us all there is to know about Emmanuel and Fashion. I am on Facebook (Emmanuel Hunter) and Instagram (@the_emmanuelhunter), and am planning to launch an online store in the near future (look/listen out for more info on that soon). Also, although I do NOT consider myself to be a “stylist” (as the title has been overcome with people who, in my opinion, are not), I am open to questions and style dialogue. Feel free to hit me up. In the words of my friend Eric Braddy, “I just like for the people to look nice!”

15) What would you tell someone who is trying to find their own fashion sense? I would tell them to find and be comfortable with themselves, first. Confidence is major, not just in fashion, but in life. People will be opinionated, but you should be balanced enough to be open to suggestion and also secure in your uniqueness. Learn to reinvent yourself and try new things. Stick with what works, but don’t stifle your gift, evolve. Remember that “less is more,” and have fun with the possibilities. This dressing up thing is fun! Enjoy it!



Fashion Word Game  - First Word(s) That Come to Mind:
Church – Saved my Life
Plaid – Overdone
Velvet – Nice in its season
Furrier – Our friend
The Rat Pack – Classic and Classy
Christian Louboutin – O.K. They are Christian Louboutin, NOT “Red Bottoms” and are NOT the only luxury shoe in the world
eBay – Thank You Jesus
Vintage – Yes LAWD
Thrift Stores – Amen
Neimans – good finds
Lapel Pin – Flower power! Alright already! What’s next?
Carl Williams – Leader
170 – Legendary/Trendsetters/ Hit makers
Pocket Squares – Fun
Music – Life
Keyboard – First love
Poetry – Language of the heart
NY – HOME
Hats – Gentleman
Scarves – Versatile
Emmanuel – “God with us”



No comments:

Post a Comment