Friday, November 13, 2015

Ummmm Sir, Your Hat....


       
      Good evening, since Sunday I have been posting all of the wonderful well dressed saints (mostly young people) during the 108th COGIC Holy Convocation. Let me tell you, they had on their GOOD GARMENTS! Now it's time to rebuke just a little; not calling out names or posting pictures. Just giving correction where I see fit being that it's my IG Blog... AMEN? AMEN!

     Let me start with the Men in these hats; help me Holy Ghost. I'm loving this trend, these good velours in rich deep colors, I am absolutely in heaven! Unfortunately most of them ARE TO DAG ON BIG. I bind this spirit of men in wide brim FAUX Shellie Mcdowell's (find the humor in it smh). It's really just getting out of hand for me. You may as well ask Mother Tucker to borrow one of her good Joyce Richardson's, because all you're missing are stones and two hat pins. Listen, to each is own; if that's your style rock them. I am all for being your own person when it comes to personal style but I think we are getting a little carried away, don't you think? Maybe it's just me (but I doubt it), my mother raised me in the way that when a GENTLEMAN enters a building he removes his hat as a sign of respect. I read a lot of Emily Post when it comes to etiquette. Etiquette states that a GENTLEMAN should remove his hat in:
  • In someone’s home
  • At mealtimes, at the table
  • While being introduced, indoors or out (unless it’s frigid!)
  • In a house of worship, unless a hat or head covering is required
  • Indoors at work, especially in an office (unless required for the job)
  • In public buildings such as a school, library, courthouse, or town hall
  • In restaurants and coffee shops
  • At a movie or any indoor performance
  • When the national anthem is played
  • When the flag of the United States passes by, as in a parade
   I'm looking at pictures, videos, and my own friends, and they are sitting IN SERVICE with their hats on. I remember growing up and as soon as I entered into a building I removed my hat especially in church. It's all about respect and having manners and we as gentleman should incorporate that into your style. (Y'all not going to like me when I say this) your crowns are to high and your brims are to wide, Lord send quick help. I'm all for the Hasidic Jewish style of felt and or velour hats, those are amazing! Let's just "BE EASY" (I'm a boy from Brooklyn) on the ribbon and Starbrite. In my conclusion, slap your neighbor in the back of the neck and say "There Is A Difference Between Style And Clownery". Now do you work for the circus? Be Encouraged and Merry Christmas LOL... 

No comments:

Post a Comment