Friday, December 18, 2015

Modernizing Your Vintage Look!


     Ok this one is going to be quick and simple. Some people are preparing for Office Holiday Parties, family get together's, NYE, and just church services; so I wanted to offer a way to take your amazing vintage style and modernizing it. It's to much to look exactly like someone from the 50s or 60s but it's all about taking that statement Vintage piece and modernizing it.

     Here we have this amazing Novelty 1950s Vintage Skirt. It's a felted wool material skirt which means it's great for this season, it has great body an movement with it (as you dance and prance during a praise break), and it has some stretch in it!!! NOW THAT'S A BLESSING... It has a classic vintage car and light post on it but what really captures my attention on it is simply the black lining that circles the bottom of thee entire skirt. Attention to detail is EVERYTHING! With just the car and light post, to me it would have just been a skirt but that detailing in the bottom speaks volumes to me😱. Also that will help you stand out in a crowd when everyone has to wear similar garments of praise. Simple little stitching, embroidery, and detailing, makes the absolute difference. This will make a $5.00 skirt look like a good $200.00 skirt from Neiman's. 




I modernized this skirt to give it this look with a simple white blouse. Tawni Haynes has simply made an empire out of the oversized bow blouse! Kudos to her but being that it's the holiday season I'm going to tell you how to execute a beautiful bow blouse on a budget. Simply  taking a great fitting white blouse, press your way to a material store and find a great heavy wide satin material. All you need is a great long piece for a bow. Put it around your neck and even it out to make sure both ends touch the top of your hips. It might be best to just have a seamstress (or your mother, like I do) sew it on in the back of the collar. Sometimes when the Holy Ghost hits you never know how you will look and end up when it lifts LOL... Or you can just take a safety pin and pin it to the collar, no biggie. Tie it into an amazing bow and you can embellish it in the middle with a great befitting broach. 

I also added a great pair of suede knee high boots that are FLATS!!!! See you don't have to wear heels 365 days out of the year, just 364 days! πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€. These boots balance the silhouette of this emote look out. If you did a high heel or flat bootie I think you may end up looking heavy on top or just distorted (I hope that's the right word 😐). I also show it with a great metallic Louboutin of course. This shoe gives a clean line to the entire look and helps the colors in the skirt pop more.



I finished modernizing this look with a great suede feminine motorcycle jacket. In HS I had a great Vanson motorcycle style jacket that just added just volume to whatever I was wearing, it was absolutely the topping on the cake so I figured a play on soft and hard would do the same here. A great soft vibrant color skirt with just a feminine blouse and a hard jacket! You can do it with a black jacket but that would be obvious so I went with gray. I certainly do hope this has helped someone pull an amazing modern vintage (such a play on words) look together! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment