Monday, December 7, 2015

Vintage Sunday's Look...




It's not often that I can wear denim on a Sunday morning in church; I'm so churched I prefer to wear suits everyday of the week anyway. 1st Sunday's are Youth and Young Adult Sunday's at my church so we are mostly causally dressed. Being that I have been a private school pupil almost all my life, my urban wear ends up being preppy wear. I'll do denim pants with a crisp white fitted dress shirt, a skinny or vintage neck tie, tie bar, and a cardigan. Casual Enough For You??? 🙃... This past Sunday I was inspired by the changing of seasons and the color pallet it offers. When the temperature drops to 50 or below, when the wind begins to blow, and when leaves are falling onto the changing green  grass, my fashion senses becomes exited and I can't help but to rummage through my closest and pull looks together! I was inspired by fallen leaves in my drive way to pull this look together. The colors of green, purple, orange, brown, tan, blue, and so much more. I feel like breaking out in a Julie Andrews Song!!!!! 




My entire look from Sunday was simply modernizing a VINTAGE look. A great 1970s burnt orange, double vent, wide lapel suit, where I just took the jacket of the suit and paired it with a great H&M cardigan where I cut the sleeves off (I've gained weight) and turned it into a vest. DONT JUDGE ME... A great VINTAGE Lanvin neck tie that has the greatest colors in it. Blue, brown, tan, and the signature Lanvin emblem. A classic Paul Fredrick white crisp monogrammed dress shirt and a pair of great faux granite cufflinks I make myself (Vintage MIJU Designs). I usually wear denim jeans from Zara or H&M but being that "God has enlarged my territory" (I'm getting fat) I had to run over to Macys and find a great pair of Levi's 😕. All is well though, being that they went great with a pair of my Aston Grey Cap Toe Oxfords, finishing the look with a pocket square fine MIJU Vintage Designs and a fragrance from John Varvatos.

1970s Vintage Burnt Orange Blazer
Levis 513 Jeans 
H&M Cardigan Vest
Lanvin Necktie
Vintage Pocket Square 
Aston Grey Tap Toe Oxfords 




















No comments:

Post a Comment