Friday, January 8, 2016

Adding A Pop Of Color


Adding a pop of color to a mute outfit is very simple but you must have the right foundation. A house built on a weak or no foundation desires destruction from the beginning and so does a look you are trying to accomplish. When pulling for others I always find a piece that I can build from whether its a purse, a pair of shoes, an incredible Vintage dress, or even a great pair of statement earings. An incredible colorful statment piece is like having a Crayola crayon box and you're now choosing from all of these colorful crayons to create a beautiful picture. There is nothing worse than seeing someone with all these colors on looking like a Mexican Sombrero, this is completely out of order. A brown dress, blue shoes, silver purse, and a black coat. LOOSE THE MINDS OF GOD's PEOPLE satan. You are a liar and truth "ain't" in you.

Slap your neighbor who looks a mess and say "it's called Cohesiveness". Ask yourself, why would I put these colors together and where am I getting these colors from? Just like you need a foundation when putting on your clothes such as a bra, girdles, and underwear so you can look decent in your clothes, its imperative to have a color foundation. Oh let me describe and explain what cohesive means; well integrated, closely united. Let's look PUT TOGETHER...

While modernizing a look for a client, this idea popped into my mind about adding a pop of color. I'm really a monochromatic individual, where I love all winter white, all black, all brown, or different shades of each but in the same family. So while pulling this look together I already had this incredile 1950s Vintage Knit Blue Dress. This wouldn't be considered a nude color but being that its completely one solid vibrant color, to me it's like having a white sheet of paper and now it's time to create a great look.


If you follow my blog or Instagram (@thee_vintage_guy) than you would know I love a Mary Frances Handbag, if you don't follow me then you wouldn't know and shame on you. I took this amazing colorful Mary Frances handbag and started to create. I pulled colors from and and just let my Holy Ghost (imagination) have it's way.

Before I conclud this blog, just remember, when adding pops of color get a coloful foundation first and then color away. Interested or needing help with your wardrobe or a special outfit for an event, email me at thevintageguy87@gmail.com!









No comments:

Post a Comment