Wednesday, April 30, 2014

"THE FASHION GUY WITH THE VINTAGE EYE" presents TOP LOOKS OF RESURRECTION SUNDAY!



       TOP LOOKS OF RESURRECTION SUNDAY!







            Who is this Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology graduate? Who is this currently working as a luxury real estate professional, musician, graphic artist, and one of the best dressed young men in NY? Mr. Jeffrey Skinner!!!

                   




                                                                                                 



                    At the beginning of our interview I asked Jeffrey, When did your interest for fashion peak? He stated "My interest in fashion began back in middle school. In 2003 my mother and I traveled to Europe for the first time for spring vacation. Jeffrey stated While he was traveling through western Europe for two weeks, it enormously widened his perspective because it showed him how much emphasis was placed on fashion by both the young and old in European countries. From then on he felt like he had to present himself at the level that he had seen overseas. I asked Jeffrey, what inspires his sense of fashion? He  unhesitantly said "wealth"!    He stated "even though I haven't attained all of my career goals as of yet, I want to dress like I'm signing the contract today"! As I asked all of my " Top 10 Looks Of Resurrection Sunday" gentleman I certainly asked Jeffrey, What does fashion and style mean to you and how do the differentiate? He said  "Fashion and style both play an important role in my life". Recently  when he entered into the luxury real estate environment, he noticed a lot of emphasis is placed on "selling a dream." That axiom goes all the way from your haircut, to your necktie, to your fingernails. He says "I always try to look like a million dollars because I recognize that my clients can spend well over a million dollars". Jeffrey says that fashion is a reflection of what's mainstream in the industry. Fashion reflects what's trendy, what's on Fifth Avenue in your favorite store. Style is that same fashion broken down on an individual level and how one interprets those fashion pieces and crafts a personal look. As the interview went on we began to talk about a few of his favorite mainstream designers which are Fendi and Burberry. He also mentioned a few of his favorite places to shop which are TopMan, Century 21, and of course "a good thrift and vintage shop" he says. In depth of the interview I asked, what are 5 necessities to you for the perfect look? Jeffrey says, FIT, SHOES, ACCESSORIES, HAIR, and CONFIDENCE. No matter what you're wearing, own it. At the end of our interview I asked Mr.Skinner, what advice can you give someone who is trying to come into their own fashion sense? His final statement was "GET THE ESSENTIALS FIRST! Don't go spending hundreds of dollars on a red suit and leopard shoes and you don't own a simple black suit and black wingtips. Get the essentials first, then add more creative pieces to your wardrobe. You'll thank yourself later". Who would have thought this Birmingham, Alabama native would be one of the greatest fashion forward minds of this generation, in my perspective. 


        His Resurrection Sunday Look

        Suit- Topman

        Shirt- Zara Man

        Shoes- Steve Madden

        Pocket Square- Zara

        Belt- Fendi






No comments:

Post a Comment